CISA, Costruzioni Italiane Serrature e Affini, was established in Florence by Luigi Bucci in 1926.
Customers soon became familiar with the CISA brand thanks to the product that radically improved the opening of doors and gates: the first electric controlled lock, patented in 1926. After the destruction of the Florence plant during World War II, CISA was rearranged in 1944 in Faenza (Ravenna). In the 1970s Production increased esponentially with the opening of the new plants in Monsampolo del Tronto (Ascoli Piceno) and Tavernelle (Perugia).
Expansion into Europe began in 1983 with the establishment of a new production plant in Spain, CISA Cerraduras. Expansion continued in 1992 with the acquisition of Bricard in France and the establishment of CISA UK, CISA's commercial company in the United Kingdom. Internationally, CISA's expansion proceeded with the acquisition of several companies already operating on the market and the establishment of new companies in Venezuela, South Africa and Singapore.
Today, CISA is a part of Allegion's Security Technologies sector. Allegion’s Security Technologies Sector is a leading global provider of products and services that make environments safe, secure and productive. The market-leading products include electronic and biometric access-control systems; time-and-attendance and personnel scheduling systems; mechanical locks; portable security; door closers, exit devices, architectural hardware, and steel doors and frames; and other technologies and services for global security markets.
Allegion plc,2013 | Block D.Iveagh Court,Harcurt Road.Dublin 2.Co.Dubln.lreland REGISTERED IN IRELAND WITH LIMITED LIABILITY REGISTERED NUMBER 527370
Allegion is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer